Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The trip to Great Wall of China

Today, my family and I decided to go to climb the Great Wall of China. It was cold and rainy. When we got to the wall, it stopped raining. But it was still cold, so we stopped at a vendor and got sweatshirts that say "I Climbed the Great Wall of China." We had to take cable car up to the top. Then we started to climb. Some of the steps were steep and hard to climb. And some were small and easier to climb. The view was breathtaking! When you climbed up a hill with a bunch of steps it was very hard. It felt like I was going to fall backwards. But luckily I kept my balance. When we were ready to go down a hill, we had to make sure we were very careful because it was very very very steep. After two hours of great exercise we got in our cab and drove back to the hotel. On the way, we saw a cool funky building with a big TV on it and the Bird's Nest stadium from the Olympics. No offense to the Fobidden City, but I liked the Great Wall of China better because you got to walk at your at your own pace, explore and nobody pushed me.